4/11/2018 0 Comments
- Snorkeling extends back no less than 3,000 years, when Greeks used plant reeds to help in breathing while under the surface of the water
- Fast forward for this day, and individuals are making the recreation a great deal more comfortable and safe than in ancient times
- The vast majority of our Earth lies underwater and remains unexplored and undocumented
- Scientists have named countless sea species, but admit they've only identified about 25% with the undersea population of plants and animals, at best
- Hundreds of well-visited locations around the globe present snorkelers with opportunities to see some of the most unique and vibrant species available, in breathtakingly vivid and rich colors
Explore Airlie Beach within the Whitsunday Area of Queensland
- El Nido is among the many managed resource protected areas inside the Philippines
- It is approximately 260 miles southwest of Manila
- The town has 18 barangays and about 45 islands in the coastline
- According to locals, it was not until 1979 when El Nido was accidentally discovered
- A group of divers were expected to dock within an inlet and wakened to towering cliffs and a beautiful pristine sand beach
- Since then, local and foreign tourists have flocked for this small town to try out just what it has to offer- an excellent adventure to many of the beautiful islands
All About Water - Getting Started With Water Sports
- Delayed and cancelled flights would be the rule rather than the exception with TACA, the area airline
- They've earned their nickname, "Take A Chance Airline
- " Rather than spend the evening in crime-ridden San Pedro Sula and Take A Chance with TACA again the next day, we opted for a four-hour bus ride to La Ceiba (locals just say "say-ba")
So, as word leaked out about Bayahibe, increasingly more tourists began arriving in this self-reliant Dominican Republic town. The influx of tourist dollars was certainly a boon for the local economy however the locals, a lot of whom have family connections in Bayahibe which go back generations, are determined never to allow Bayahibe being "another Punta Cana," i.e. an all-inclusive resort town. They are determined to ensure Bayahibe remains a unique Dominican town using a true snorkeling spots airlie beach sense of community and local pride which is not solely determined by the tourism industry.
Leinster (pronounced 'line-ster') Bay, North of St. John, can be a strip of beach providing you with access to Waterlemon Cay, a smaller reef island just offshore. The 0.1 mile distance in the beach to the island is definitely an environment of sea grass within twenty feet of clear water, offering superb snorkeling. The long patch of sea grass hosts starfishes, sea cucumbers, sea turtles and stingrays. Around the reef will vary sizes of corals, sea fans and sea plumes, plus a selection of fishes like Blue Tangs and Parrotfishes.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.